Life is generally eccentric as are we, the people. Life gives us heaps of tragedies at time, again once in a while it comes as a walk in the park. In spite of the fact that life is loaded with joy trouble, still the truth of the matter is that, none of us realize what will occur with us in the coming days or even the forthcoming hours. For what reason is our life so much inconsistent? What are the elements answerable for those vulnerabilities?
In spite of the fact that science has progressed so much that it can anticipate the forthcoming wave, the highlights of the cosmic system which are billions of light-years from us and a lot more realities which were obscure to us barely any years back additionally, yet it is still now incapable to predict our future.
What’s more, where science has lifted its hand and given up, pseudoscience for example astrology has progressed. A few people think about astrology as a deception. They feel that how it is conceivable that we can anticipate our up and coming days by figuring the situation of the celestial bodies? How are the divine bodies equipped for transforming one’s life?
However, is astrology actually a pseudoscience, or a science lies under all the computations of astrology? This baffling science draws my psyche from quite a while back which had persuaded me to discover the birthplace of astrology and numerous things increasingly about it.
What is Astrology?
Astrology is a pseudoscience that claims divine information about human affairs and terrestrial events by studying the movements and relative positions of celestial objects. Astrology has been dated to at least the 2nd millennium BCE, and has its roots in calendrical systems used to predict seasonal shifts and to interpret celestial cycles as signs of divine communications. Through the studies of Plato, Aristotle and others, astrology is highly regarded as a science.
Western astrology, one of the oldest astrological systems still in use, can trace its roots to 19th–17th century BCE Mesopotamia, from where it spread to Ancient Greece, Rome, the Arab world and eventually Central and Western Europe. Contemporary Western astrology is often associated with systems of horoscopes that purport to explain aspects of a person’s personality and predict significant events in their lives based on the positions of celestial objects.
Over the 2,000 periods from the Greeks to the Renaissance, Astrology showed extraordinary coherence and thrived until it in the long run left style because of recently discovered methods of reasoning, and new realism around the late seventeenth and eighteenth Centuries.
The focal point of Traditional Astrology was on the external planets, as opposed to Psychology, a science which didn’t appear until the late 20th Century. Traditional Astrology had the option to give exact and precise predictions of future events, by utilizing different procedures learned by careful observation of the heavens and planets.
Origin of Astrology
The word astrology comes from the early Latin word astrologia, which derives from the Greek — from astron (“star”) and logia, (“study of”—”account of the stars”). Astrologia later passed into meaning ‘star-divination’ with astronomia used for the scientific term.
The origin of astrology dates back to the ancient cradle of civilization- Babylonia in the nineteenth century BC. The text is dated between 1400 BCE to final centuries BCE by various scholars according to astronomical and linguistic evidences. Hellenistic astrology after 332 BCE mixed Babylonian astrology with Egyptian Decanic astrology in Alexandria, creating horoscopic astrology.
Throughout most of its history, astrology was considered a scholarly tradition. It was accepted in political and academic contexts, and was connected with other studies, such as astronomy, alchemy, meteorology, and medicine.
Traditional Astrology is divided into four main types, firstly Natal astrology which examines and predicts events based on a true birth chart. Then there is Horary Astrology which looks at a horoscope at a particular time, asking a specific question.
Next comes, Electional Astrology, which looks at the best times and dates astrologically concerning a certain matter. Finally Mundane Astrology uses a variety of techniques to predict events on a national scale, or over a long period of time including weather predictions.
Indian astrology is popularly known as Vedic astrology or “Jyotish”. Jyotisha or Jyotishya is the traditional Hindu system of astrology, also known as Hindu astrology, Indian astrology and more recently Vedic astrology. Till now the period of origin of Indian astrology is not clear. But according to some, it has originated within a period of 1200 BC to 2500 BC.
The foundation of Hindu astrology is the notion of bandhu of the Vedas (scriptures), which is the connection between the microcosm and the macrocosm. Practice relies primarily on the sidereal zodiac, which differs from the tropical zodiac used in Western (Hellenistic) astrology.
Vedic Astrology (Jyotish) has 3 Main Branches:
- Siddhanta (Astronomy): Astronomy and its applications to Astrology. It helps to calculate the planetary positions of different celestial bodies.
- Samhita(Mundane Astrology): Covers Mundane Astrology, Predicting important events related to countries such as War, Earthquakes, Political Events, Astro-Meteorology, Financial Positions, Electional Astrology; House and Construction related matters (Vaastu Shaastra), Animals, Portents and Omens Etc.
- Hora ( Predictive Astrology): This Branch has the following Different Styles/Sun Branches.
- Jaatak Shaastra/Hora Shaastra (Natal Astrology / Horoscopy): Prediction based on Individual Horoscope / Kundli.
- Muhurt or Muhurtha (Electional Astrology): This is the auspicious time selected to start something new.
- Swar Shaastra (Phonetical Astrology): Predictions based on Name and Sounds.
- Prashna (Horary Astrology): Prediction based on Time when a Question is asked by the Querent / Queerest.
- Ankajyotisha/ Kabala (Numerology): A Branch of Astrology based on Numbers.
- Nadi Astrology: Detail Prediction for Individuals in a comprehensive study of the past, present and future
- Tajik Shaastra / Varsha Phala (Annunal Horoscopy): Astrology based on Annual Solar Returns.
- Jaimini Sutras: A non conventional Method of Timing of Events Based on Famous Indian Astrologers.
- Nastjaatakam (Lost Horoscopy): Art of Tracing / Construction of Lost Horoscopes.
- Streejaatak (Female Astrology): A special Branch of Astrology dealing Female Nativities.
The discussion that astrology is a science or a pseudoscience will proceed in the up and coming days moreover. Yet, remembering its verifiable inception, the right predictions by certain astrologers before the event of the rate and the logical exploration, can we still go ahead and deny it as a form of science? Would it be advisable for us to truly show the soul to deny the science behind astrology?
Call or WhatsApp us on 9040438116 for more details.
Astrology Services| One-Stop solution | Hassle-Free